Sunday, January 20, 2008

Beautiful...

I found this little nugget of truth today on a blog I like to visit. This quote really clicked for me... finally putting into words and making some sense of things that have been rumbling around in some of the deepest parts of me. This is what it said:

"When suffering shatters the carefully kept vase that is our lives, God stoops to pick up the pieces. But He doesn't put them back together as a restoration project patterned after our former selves. Instead, He sifts through the rubble and selects some of the shards as raw material for another project - a mosaic that tells the story of redemption." (Ken Gire)

Wow...

1 comment:

Lyric said...

I'm so thrilled that the Gire quote resonated with you too! I made it a permanent feature in the margin of my blog because I can never be remind of its truth too often...

Thanks for visiting, hope you'll come again. I'll be back for sure!