Monday, September 10, 2007

A bit of a population explosion...

OK...so here's my story...


Long, long ago my parents had two girls...just my sis and me...that's all there is...just us...


Then, somewhere along the way, my sister had two girls...and then I had two girls. That's it...just two girls...for each of us...


Then a couple of years back my oldest daughter delighted the family with the first of a next generation...a GIRL...


Yes...it's true...my family just does girls.


But wait...no...Houston, we have a problem...a few months after the arrival of my little Olivia, one of my sister's daughters presented the family with a new member. But there was something seriously wrong here...something was just not right..."it" was a BOY. A BOY??? What are we going to do with a BOY??? So many new things to learn...like using extreme care when changing the diapers...you just don't have to worry about those things with a girl. Sigh...


However, in spite of all these "obstacles," something very strange happened. Little Noah immediately captured our hearts. His bright smile and red hair has managed to endear him to all of us. Imagine that...


Christmas became a much happier gathering time...the two families plus these two little cherubs...


OK...I guess boys aren't that bad after all...


But...then...without warning...my other daughter - and my sister's other daughter - and my sister's daughter (mommy of Noah) decided to all get pregnant at the same time...and BOOM...suddenly our family has become a small continent all of its own. We have two more boys and another girl...all born within 5 months.


It appears that gender really doesn't matter at all...and that Christmas definitely will never be the same...



3 comments:

kathy said...

Aw...they're precious!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute.

Carter was a doll in MOPS yesterday. Any chance we'll all of them in there? You know how much we love more babies! :)

Anonymous said...

Seems I missed the word 'have' between "we'll" and "all", and 'in there' is referring to MOPS... I need to type slower.