Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Business meeting

My friend, Gregg, has posted a blog concerning a business meeting last Sunday evening at our church. I must respond. I had the immense pleasure of being in attendance at this meeting, and I went away with a huge sense of having just had a true worship experience. There was something very special in the room...perhaps the presence of Christ? And...I must admit...I found it discouraging that everyone didn't experience it the way I did. Why wasn't everyone feeling the air in the room like I was? Why were so many still engaged in idle chatter when Miriam's sweet voice began drawing us to God's heart? Why were some more concerned with grammatical issues surrounding the final official "minute" than with the content itself? Oh well, it is comforting to know that I was not alone in my perceptions. There were others who sensed what I did. I suppose the bottom line for me was the knowledge that yes, this decision truly was God's leading for NFC. What an awesome privilege to witness such clarity...and even more than that, what an amazing experience for me personally.

Now, don't get me wrong. I realize many of my above comments come off rather "holier than thou." No; I know that the people I mentioned above are committed to Christ and are far more advanced in their journey than I. I suppose, though, that I mention those things because they truly did flounder around in my brain. And...I think I was thrilled that God chose to allow me to sense all that I sensed. Why me? I have not always been in that place. Why God continues to shower down favor on my soul is nothing but pure grace and love.

I am hungry for more of Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great Denise, and encouraging. It's wonderful to hear how God is loving you, how God led you to a meeting to bring you such peace. How wonderful to be in a church where the Holy Spirit can be known by those who are searching. It encourages my heart this morning as I was searching for spiritual encouragement. It seems an obedient thing on your part to share and be vulnerable. Thank-you. God bless.

kathy said...

Hi Denise. Welcome to blogland! I'm glad to have your perspective of the business meeting. I had to leave early and have been out of the loop since then so appreciate knowing how it ended. I thought about calling the office on Monday while I was gone to find out what happened then decided I should exercise patience for once.

More grace and love to you in the days and weeks ahead! You are a precious child of God.