Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This 'n that...

You'd all have to be very proud of me at this point...I haven't mentioned yet that my daughter recently found out that she is going to bless me with yet another grandbaby. Yep, 8 weeks along she is...and this Nana can hardly wait. Isn't it amazing how much love one heart can hold? Just when you think you could never contain it all, along comes another little being to stretch out those heart muscles a little bit more. They had their first ultrasound today...this little grandchild of mine is 8 weeks old, and the size of a bean...and they could see the heartbeat! So amazing. So tell me...how do some people believe that these little beans aren't a living being yet??? Sheesh...

Moving right along...I will be SO glad when tomorrow is over. I am going to have the great opportunity to be put in "jail" for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and will need to raise my "bail" to get out. Sigh. This really doesn't set well with my personality type...I dislike asking people for money, even when it's for an extremely worthy cause. And how they got MY name I'll never know. They get people from various businesses in town as their victims. Anyway, my bail is set at $1600...which is actually pretty laughable (can you hear me laughing?). To date, I've raised about $600...so I'll have to do some pretty hefty phone-calling from "jail" tomorrow. This may be my last post for quite some time...they may put me away for a very long time...

OK...so one more thought for tonight...today I came across the coolest tidbit written by Henri Nouwen...it's called "The Nonpossessive Life"...

To be able to enjoy fully the many good things the world has to offer, we must be detached from them. To be detached does not mean to be indifferent or uninterested. It means to be nonpossessive. Life is a gift to be grateful for and not a property to cling to.
A nonpossessive life is a free life. But such freedom is only possible when we have a deep sense of belonging. To whom then do we belong? We belong to God, and the God to whom we belong has sent us into the world to proclaim in his Name that all of creation is created in and by love and calls us to gratitude and joy. That is what the "detached" life is all about. It is a life in which we are free to offer praise and thanksgiving.


So...when I think about all the love I have for my grandbabies, the beauty of nature, my new laptop, my hubby, Froot Loops, etc, etc, etc...so many things in this life that I adore deeply...my prayer is that God would always help me remember balance, to hold all things loosely enough that God's hand can fit around them too...and most of all that I would always have a deeply grounded sense of Who I belong to...

1 comment:

LeAnne_Troyer said...

Congrats on being a Nana again!! What a blessing that will be for your whole family!:)
P.S. I didn't know you were on here...how cool are you!!! Now I can check in on your blogs and you can check on mine!:)