Friday, December 28, 2007

On to 2008...

I don't know what's wrong me. I mean, I'm not sure I'm like everyone else. Just as SOON as Christmas is over, I have this deep inner need to have it GONE...all gone...all put away...no reminders.

Now, don't get me wrong...I really enjoy the Christmas season. I do tend to get a bit more stressed than I should, I admit...but still I enjoy it. This year, however, I just couldn't get in the swing of things. It wasn't until the week before Christmas that we finally got our Christmas tree and got out the Christmas decorations (which were much less than in past years). So...if you can see where this is going...today I took it all down. Good grief, it was only up for a week; you'd think I could stand to have it around for awhile. But NO...it has to go...all of it...now. Actually, the very day after Christmas I had my red nail polish off, replaced by a nice neutral tone.

So I'm feeling a bit better now. My sweet hubby got me a laptop for Christmas, so I'm sitting here in my recliner in the living room writing this, watching a Bowl game, and NOT looking at a nativity scene or little elves staring back at me. Life is good...

1 comment:

Abbie said...

HAHAHHA so THIS is where I get it from!! Christmas tree/decoration/anyotherhintofseasonalfestivities in our house-GONE! IT'S ALL GONE!! MUWAHAHAHA Oh I just couldn't be happier. Now if I can only convince Johnny to let me get a 'fake' tree next year, I will be the happiest woman on the planet.Christmas at your house was beautiful. And if I do say so myself, I LOVED that sassy nana red nail polish! ;)